Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Infinity scarf finished

My aunt gave me this yarn and pattern back in May.  With recent travel for work sewing is not possible so I have been knitting.  I was a little worried that I was going to run out of yarn....less than 4 inches was left.  Talk about skin of your teeth finish!!

The pattern is Summer Wind by Irish Girlie Knits and the yarn is 100% super wash merino, fingerling weight.  I used a whopping 400 yards!!  From the tag, the color is cherry blossom (pinks and oranges) Baah! La Jolla Original Hand painted from A Yarn Less Raveled in Danville, CA.
 
An extra bonus is that this scarf was knit on a pair of my Grandma's knitting needles.  She moved into a nursing home in December and I have inherited  her knitting patterns, WIPs and supplies. 

No comments: