Thursday, September 3, 2015

Swoon Finish

I received my finished Swoon quilt from the quilter back at the beginning of August and wanted to wait to post finished photos until it went to its new home.   

 I delivered the quilt to the newly married couple last week.  These photos were taken the morning we left for California.

The quilting is a snowflake pattern with swirls that plays really well off the background fabric that is filled with snowflakes.  There is a nice layer of wool batting to keep the new couple nice and toasty around Christmas.


Some close-ups of the quilting.


I love this backing...and I love this quilt...so much so that I have the supplies to make myself one.  The blocks will be different combinations but it will be the same fabric line and I am so very excited about this!  I had a really hard time giving this one up because I love it so much!


I am linking up with Fabric TuesdayShow and Tell Tuesday , Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop?Needle and Thread Thursday and Finish it Friday.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

It is gorgeous! I'd have had a hard time giving it up too. I'm sure the couple receiving it will love it always!

Jayne said...

What a beauty! I'm sure it is going to be well loved for years and years to come!

Emily said...

I'm such a sucker for a swoon quilt and yours is beautiful! Great job on the finish!

Katherine said...

Your Swoon quilt looks so festive! Gorgeous fabric combination and the perfect quilting - no wonder you had a hard time giving this beauty away. Glad you've got the supplies to make a version for yourself, too.

Have a wonderful long weekend!

Ramona said...

I haven't made a swoon block yet, but keep being tempted. Yours is beautiful. It's understandable why it was difficult to give this one away. What a wonderful gift!

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh I can see why it was hard to give up. It's beautiful quilt all over!

Malinda said...

I never get tired of seeing Swoon quilts. This one is a beauty!