Saturday, September 19, 2015

Easy Peasy Table Runner

I needed a quick and mindless project (and some retail therapy) so I headed to my local quilt store and picked up the fabric and pattern for this super quick and easy table runner.  I ended up ordering some fabric to make another one using a mini charm pack I have of Avalon.

I needed quick and easy because things are crazy and chaotic over here...back to school, two children on the competition dance team, work and my Dad.

Last Saturday morning (more like middle of the night) he had a seizure and when he fell he hit his head.  He was rushed to the hospital via ambulance before he was stabilized and transported our home town.  He had been at the cottage with my Mom.

They completed another MRI and I'm happy to tell you that there are no tumors.  They suspect radiation damage. Due to the head trauma he has some fluid and blood around the brain space that is taking its sweet time getting re absorbed.  He is now in acute brain rehabilitation to learn to perform normal life activities again.  I know I've said it before but I hate brain cancer.  Please keep my Dad in your thoughts and prayers...that he has a quick recovery and is able to come back home.

No comments: