Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Solid Chevrons

As I have previously mentioned I am a chapter advisor for a sorority and our annual Red Dress Gala is this weekend.  I have had stacks of solids cut for about 2 months but have been so busy with work, exams for work and back to school that I haven't touched this quilt in awhile.

I started back at it yesterday morning and have 3 rows sewn together and another 6 rows pinned and ready to be sewn.  The quilt is 10 half square triangle blocks wide and I'm thinking it will be 12 rows long...pretty decent sized.
                                            

Once all this rain goes away I'll take some better photos and here's hoping I make the Saturday deadline.  The colors are all Kona solids...white, marine and orange.  Starch has definitely been my friend with all the bias edges :)  I used this tutorial.

I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday, Show and Tell Tuesday

 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely colors for a chevron quilt!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I don't work with solids enough and I have yet to make chevrons. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. This little quilt would go over big in Florida (Gator colors). :)