Saturday, October 19, 2013

Scrappy Quilt Finish

I was organizing my sewing room (aka trying to find my copy of Simply Retro that I misplaced) and I found a bunch of strips for 25 patch blocks leftover from this quilt.  I decided to sew up the blocks to see if I had enough to make a baby quilt.  I only had to add in 4 squares of fabric to make the needed 20-25 patch blocks for the quilt front. 

 
Next came the backing and I may have a slight obsession with Me and My Sister Designs fabric when making quilts for baby girls.  I went through my scraps and found leftovers from several quilts which allowed me to 100% piece the backing.  There are fabrics from at least four different quilts including this one, this one, this one and this one. 








I'm even going to be able to use up scraps of batting that I have sitting around and leftover binding from another quilt.  It feels so good to use what I have to make a fun quilt that will either wait for a little girl to enter into out friend/family circle or it will be donated.

I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday, Show and Tell Tuesday , Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? and Finish it Friday.

No comments: