I had some leftover fabric from this quilt and like any good quilter, I saved the scraps with every intention of making a doll quilt to go with the big girl quilt. Life happened and that pile of 4 inch squares sat on my sewing table for the last 8 months along with the pink receiving blanket that I used for the backing.
I ended up trimming the squares down to 3.5 inches by 4 inches to allow for one extra row and quilted with some "straight" lines 0.25 inches from each seam. It looks beautiful.
Of course, I didn't have fabric in my stash that was just the right color of pink for the binding and after the photos were taken, I headed to the fabric store and found the perfect shade of solid pink. The doll quilt is in the dryer right now and I hope to get it in the mail to K tomorrow.
Since there was some of the pink receiving blanket left over after I quilted it, I trimmed up the fabric with my pinking shears and made a little wipe clutch (stash busting!) and filled it with baby wipes. I was able to take some photos of the binding...I love it!
I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday!