USPS dropped the ball on the fabric for our oldest's bedding so she received a quilt that didn't have the binding sewn down.
I used 1/2 inch foam for the mattresses and made simple pillowcase type "sheets" for the beds. I had grand ideas of making actual sheets with elastic but with the thin foam mattresses it was an epic failure (on the evening of December 23rd).
The girls loved their beds and immediately brought their babies down stairs to begin playing with them.
The first set of bunks went to our youngest, complete with a trundle. She has Bitty Twins and Bitty Baby so they all needed a spot to sleep. She is obsessed with pink and orange so I scoured Etsy and found a quilt kit with Kate Spain's Honey Honey fabric and ordered it for her bedding. I also ordered some extra pink and orange flowers to back the quilts. The bedding also happens to match the quilt that I made her for her 3rd birthday.
This set of bunks is for our oldest. I am very thankful that I keep a shoe box of pre-made binding and happened to have a "spool" of Me and My Sister Designs scrappy binding. The quilts are made with a charm pack from the new Bandana line that is being released and the sheets/backing are made with a very pretty print from LOL. I love that all their fabrics play so well together. She does have pillows for her dolls as well, but I am not sure where they landed in the chaos after Christmas.