Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quilter

I have admired the longarm work at my local quilt shop and just recently got the names of the long arm quilters.  I have used one woman in the past and she has been great, but she is a good 45 minutes away.  With everything that is going on in my life with work, the house, my kids and my Dad, I needed to find someone closer.  I simply don't have the time to spend 1.5 hours in the car to drop a quilt off and another 1.5 hours to go pick it up.  One of the names from my local quilt shop is just 15 minutes from my house!

I met with her today and dropped off my Mystery Block of the Month quilt which should be back in my hands in about 3 weeks.  So excited!  I normally love quilting my own quilts, but if I am going to find balance in my life right now, quilting is the one thing that I can take off my list and give to someone else.  This allows me time to sew and piece my quilts.  I will still quilt the baby ones and other small quilts, but the big ones are heading off to the new to me long arm quilter.  Her studio is amazing and she's a Julie so she has to be wonderful!

I will post photos when I get it back!

No comments: